أخبار

كلينتون ، دي ويت - التاريخ

كلينتون ، دي ويت - التاريخ


We are searching data for your request:

Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Wait the end of the search in all databases.
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.

سياسي

(1769-1828)

تم قبول دي ويت كلينتون في نقابة المحامين في ولاية نيويورك عام 1788. بعد انتخابه لعضوية المجلس التشريعي للولاية في عام 1797 وعمل في مجلس شيوخ الولاية من عام 1798 إلى عام 1802 ؛ أصبح عضوا في مجلس الشيوخ الأمريكي عام 1802. كلينتون في نفس العام ، بعد أن عينه عمه عمدة نيويورك. ترشح لمنصب الرئيس عام 1812 ، لكنه هزم أمام جيمس ماديسون. ظل كلينتون رئيسًا لبلدية نيويورك حتى عام 1815. ولتعزيز فكرة بناء قناة إيري ، انتخب حاكمًا لولاية نيويورك في عام 1817. وأثناء وجوده في منصبه ، أيد مقترحات إيما ويلارد بشأن المساواة التعليمية للمرأة ، على الرغم من رفض تلك المقترحات من قبل الهيئة التشريعية للولاية. دعتها كلينتون إلى نقل مدرستها في كونيتيكت إلى نيويورك ، وهو ما فعلته في عام 1821. وحقق طموحه لقناة إيري من خلال الإشراف على استكمالها وافتتاحها في عام 1825. وتوفيت كلينتون في المنصب عام 1828.


مقاطعة ديويت ، مشروع ILGenWeb

إذا كنت قد وصلت إلى هنا من خلال موقع قد فرض عليك رسومًا مقابل أي معلومات ، فيرجى الاتصال بالشخص أو الموقع الذي وجهك هنا. المعلومات الواردة في هذا الموقع مجانية ولا يجب تحميلك أي رسوم مقابل أي معلومات واردة هنا. مشروع USGenWeb ومشروع ILGenWeb و DeWittGenWeb غير مسؤولين عن أي رسوم.

يقدم مشروع DeWitt County، ILGenWeb شكر خاص جدًا لمنسقي المقاطعة والمتطوعين السابقين. إلى Earliene Kaelin و Sheryl Byrd و Judy Simpson لكل الوقت والجهد الذي بذلوه في موقع الويب لكتابة المحتوى ، وتصحيح الأخطاء المطبعية ، وتصحيح الأخطاء المطبعية ، وتنسيق صفحات الويب وإعادة تنسيقها. إلى متطوعينا الذين كتبوا السير الذاتية ، ونسخوا التعدادات ، ونسخوا سجلات الأراضي ، وقدموا الصور ، وشاركوا تذكاراتهم الشخصية. بدون مساعدتهم ، لن يكون هذا الموقع كما هو عليه اليوم. شكرنا لجميع المتطوعين والمساهمين لدينا ، في الماضي والحاضر والمستقبل. ونحن لا يمكن أن تفعل ذلك دون لكم.


كلينتون علم الأنساب (في مقاطعة دي ويت ، إلينوي)

ملاحظة: توجد أيضًا سجلات إضافية تنطبق على كلينتون من خلال صفحات مقاطعة دي ويت وإلينوي.

سجلات ولادة كلينتون

سجلات مقبرة كلينتون

ميموريال بارك مقبرة المليار جريفز

مقبرة أوك بارك بمليار جريفز

مقبرة وودلون المليار مقبرة

سجلات تعداد كلينتون

التعداد الفيدرالي للولايات المتحدة ، 1790-1940 بحث العائلة

سجلات كلينتون تشيرش

أدلة كلينتون سيتي

سجلات موت كلينتون

فهرس ملفات التحقيق في مقاطعة ديويت كورونر (1924-1977) أرشيف ولاية إلينوي

تاريخ كلينتون وعلم الأنساب

تاريخ محفوظات Clintonia Township الأمريكية العامة

سجلات الهجرة كلينتون

سجلات كلينتون لاند

سجلات خريطة كلينتون

خريطة منظر عين الطائر لمدينة كلينتون ، مقاطعة ديويت ، إلينوي 1869. مكتبة الكونغرس

خريطة سانبورن للتأمين ضد الحرائق من كلينتون ، مقاطعة دي ويت ، إلينوي ، أبريل 1887 ، مكتبة الكونغرس

خريطة سانبورن للتأمين ضد الحرائق من كلينتون ، مقاطعة دي ويت ، إلينوي ، ديسمبر 1892 مكتبة الكونغرس

خريطة سانبورن للتأمين ضد الحرائق من كلينتون ، مقاطعة دي ويت ، إلينوي ، يناير 1916 مكتبة الكونغرس

خريطة سانبورن للتأمين ضد الحرائق من كلينتون ، مقاطعة دي ويت ، إلينوي ، مارس 1898 ، مكتبة الكونغرس

خريطة سانبورن للتأمين ضد الحرائق من كلينتون ، مقاطعة دي ويت ، إلينوي ، مايو 1910 ، مكتبة الكونغرس

خريطة سانبورن للتأمين ضد الحرائق من كلينتون ، مقاطعة دي ويت ، إلينوي ، أكتوبر 1904 مكتبة الكونغرس

سجلات زواج كلينتون

صحف ونعي كلينتون

النسخة المركزية 1856-1862 Newspapers.com

كلينتون ديلي جورنال آند بابليك 1927-1963 Newspapers.com

كلينتون ديلي بابليك 1915-1926 Newspapers.com

كلينتون مورنينغ جورنال 1921-1926 Newspapers.com

كلينتون عام 1862-1863 Newspapers.com

كلينتون عام 1869-1901 Newspapers.com

نسخة كلينتون العامة والمركزية 1864-1869 Newspapers.com

سجل كلينتون 1882-1915 Newspapers.com

سجل كلينتون شبه الأسبوعي 1870-1872 Newspapers.com

كلينتون تريبيون 1884-1884 مكتبة فارمر سيتي العامة

سجل كلينتون الأسبوعي 1872-1882 Newspapers.com

مقاطعة دي ويت العامة ، والنسخة المركزية 1863-1864 Newspapers.com

DeWitt Courier 1854-1856 Newspapers.com

سجل DeWitt 1868-1870 Newspapers.com

نشرة الإضراب 1913-1915 Newspapers.com

نشرة الإضراب ، 1913-1915 مجموعات الصحف الرقمية في إلينوي

الصحف غير المتصلة بكلينتون

وفقًا لدليل الصحف الأمريكية ، تمت طباعة الصحف التالية ، لذلك قد تتوفر نسخ ورقية أو ميكروفيلم. لمزيد من المعلومات حول كيفية تحديد موقع الصحف غير المتصلة بالإنترنت ، راجع مقالتنا حول تحديد موقع الصحف غير المتصلة بالإنترنت.

النسخة المركزية. (كلينتون ، إيلز. ​​[Ill.]) 1856-1862

كلينتون ديلي جورنال والعامة. (كلينتون ، إلينوي) 1927-1979

كلينتون ديلي جورنال. (كلينتون ، إلينوي) 1980 - حتى الآن

كلينتون العامة ، والنسخة المركزية. (كلينتون ، إلينوي) 1864-1869

كلينتون العامة. (كلينتون ، مقاطعة دي ويت ، إلينوي) 1862-1863

سجل كلينتون. (كلينتون ، إلينوي) 1882-1926

سجل كلينتون شبه الأسبوعي. (كلينتون ، إلينوي) 1870-1872

سجل كلينتون الأسبوعي. (كلينتون ، إلينوي) 1868-1882

مقاطعة دي ويت العامة والنسخة المركزية. (كلينتون ، مقاطعة دي ويت ، إلينوي) 1863-1864

دستور مقاطعة ديويت. (كلينتون ، إلينوي) 1997 - حتى الآن

سجل ديويت. (كلينتون ، إلينوي) 1868-1870

سجلات كلينتون بروبات

سجلات مدرسة كلينتون

الكتاب السنوي لمدرسة كلينتون المجتمعية الثانوية ، 1930 ، 1931 ، 1937 ، 1938 ، 1939 ، 1940 ، 1949 ، 1950 ، 1951 ، 1952 ، 1953 ، 1954 ، 1955 ، 1956 ، 1957 ، 1958 ، 1959 ، 1960 ، 1962 ، 1964 ، 1965 ، 1966 ، 1967 ، 1968 ، 1969 ، 1970 ، 1971 ، 1972 ، 1973 ، 1974 ، 1975 ، 1976 ، 1977 ، 1978 ، 1979 ، 1980 ، 1981 ، 1982 ، 1983 ، 1984 ، 1985 ، 1986 ، 1987 ، 1988 ، 1989 ، 1990 ، 1991 ، 1992 أرشيف الإنترنت

الكتاب السنوي لمدرسة كلينتون المجتمعية الثانوية ، 1961 ، أرشيف الإنترنت لعام 1963

مدرسة كلينتون الثانوية المجتمعية ، كلينتونيا ، 1910 ، 1962 أرشيف الإنترنت

الكتاب السنوي لمدرسة كلينتون الثانوية ، 1910 ، 1912 ، 1917 ، 1918 ، 1920 ، 1921 ، 1922 ، 1923 ، 1924 ، 1925 ، 1926 ، 1927 ، 1928 ، 1929 أرشيف الإنترنت

الكتاب السنوي لمدرسة كلينتون الثانوية ، 1919 أرشيف الإنترنت

الكتاب السنوي لمدرسة كلينتون جونيور الثانوية ، 1977 ، 1978 ، 1979 ، 1980 ، 1981 ، 1982 ، 1983 ، 1984 ، 1985 ، 1986 ، 1987 ، 1988 ، 1989 ، 1990 ، 1991 ، 1992 ، 1993 ، 1994 ، 1995 ، 1996 ، 1997 ، 1998 ، 1999 ، 2000 ، 2001 ، 2002 ، 2003 ، 2004 أرشيف الإنترنت

الإضافات أو التصحيحات على هذه الصفحة؟ نرحب باقتراحاتكم من خلال صفحة اتصل بنا


كلينتون ، دي ويت - التاريخ

مكتبة مقاطعة ديويت مجموعة التاريخ المحلي

لا تحتوي مكتبة DeWitt District Library حاليًا على غرفة للتاريخ المحلي. العناصر الأكثر شيوعًا موجودة على الرفوف بينما يتم تخزين المواد الأرشيفية في مواقع مختلفة. يرجى إجراء الترتيبات مسبقًا إذا كنت ترغب في عرض أي مادة أرشيفية. المكتبة في طور الرقمنة وإتاحة الكثير من مجموعاتها على هذا الموقع. يرجى التحقق مرة أخرى حيث ستتم إضافة مواد جديدة بانتظام.

  • رسائل Cook Family - ثلاثة أجيال من الرسائل من عام 1841 إلى عام 1913

  • Dateline DeWitt - مقالات من دليل التسوق من 1984 إلى 1990

  • أعمال DeWitt - التاريخ والإعلانات والمقالات التي كتبها وجمعها كين كوين

  • كنائس DeWitt - سجل قصاصات للمعلومات من أرشيفنا

  • أدلة وخرائط DeWitt - مجموعة من الكتيبات والخرائط

  • تاريخ DeWitt - يتضمن عمليات المسح المتعلقة بتاريخ DeWitt

  • أعمدة صحيفة ديويت التاريخية (1974-1976 & amp 1984-1997) بقلم فاي هانسون وكين كوين

  • DeWitt People - سجل قصاصات من قصاصات الصحف التي جمعها كين كوين

  • DeWitt Places - معلومات وصور من الماضي والحاضر

  • مدارس DeWitt العامة - كتاب قصاصات من إعداد كين كوين

  • DeWitt Ox Roast - مجموعة من البرامج والتذكارات

  • DeWitt Sesquicentennial - برامج الاحتفال لعام 1983

  • سجل قصاصات فاي هانسون - سجل القصاصات الخاص بها لمقالات الصحف التي كتبتها من 1964 إلى 1974

  • تاريخ Gunnisonville - 1939 بواسطة Alta Gunnison Pierce

  • مجموعة صور Kenneth R. Coin - عمليات مسح للصور وتحديد عناصر أرشيفية

  • المنظمات الاجتماعية - سجل قصاصات لمواد من أرشيفاتنا قام بتجميعها كين كوين

  • كتاب قصاصات الحرب العالمية الثانية - سجل قصاصات من قصاصات الصحف لرجال ونساء خدمة مقاطعة كلينتون

سجلات الميلاد والزواج والوفاة والمقبرة

  • سجلات زواج مقاطعة كلينتون روابط إلى كنيسة مقاطعة كلينتون وسجلات الصحف

  • مؤشر زواج ميشيغان لقاعدة بيانات قابلة للبحث في مقاطعة كلينتون قام بتجميعها جاك ديبيان

  • تحتوي مكتبة سجلات DeWitt Area Cemetery Records على نسخ ورقية إلى جانب قراءات Mt. Rest و Oak Ridge Cemetery.

  • سجلات الزواج والوفاة في مقاطعة كلينتون مفتوحة للجمهور. وصول محدود إلى سجلات المواليد.

  • وفيات مقاطعة كلينتون من جمعية مقاطعة كلينتون التاريخية

  • ولادة مقاطعة كلينتون حتى عام 1900 من جمعية مقاطعة كلينتون التاريخية

  • أرشيفات جمعية مقاطعة كلينتون التاريخية مصدر ممتاز للسجلات والمعلومات

  • سجلات الموت في ميشيغان (GENDIS) قاعدة بيانات على الإنترنت لسجلات الوفاة المبكرة في ميشيغان

  • شهادات وفاة ميتشيغان ، وسجلات الوفاة ، وأكثر من ذلك بكثير من أرشيف ميتشيغان

  • قاعدة بيانات مؤشر الوفاة للضمان الاجتماعي على الإنترنت لوفيات الولايات المتحدة

  • قاعدة بيانات FamilySearch Online من كنيسة LDS (Morman)

  • ميتشيغان في الحرب الأهلية يتضمن رابطًا إلى مواقع الدفن المخضرم

السيرة الذاتية والصحيفة

  • أعمدة صحيفة ديويت بقلم كين كوين

  • DeWitt People - سجل قصاصات من قصاصات الصحف المتاحة في المكتبة

  • مقابلات التسجيلات الصوتية من السبعينيات والثمانينيات

  • تاريخ العائلة فهرس للتاريخ المتاح في المكتبة

  • أوراق مجموعة العائلة عبر Michigan GenWeb

  • الصحف - تحتوي مكتبة مقاطعة ديويت على ميكروفيلم من الصحف المحلية التالية:
    مراجعة DeWitt-Bath (1980 إلى الوقت الحاضر). تحتوي المكتبة أيضًا على بعض النسخ الورقية.
    ديويت ويكلي معلن (1950-1969 بعض القضايا المفقودة)
    كلينتون جمهوري (1863-1924)
    كلينتون إندبندنت (1866-1906)
    سانت جونز نيوز (1892-1923)
    مقاطعة كلينتون جمهوري الأخبار (1924-1950)
    متفرقات قضايا ديويت وكلينتون كاونتي (ميكروفيلم وورقة)

  • كتاب قصاصات الحرب العالمية الثانية

التعداد والسجلات العسكرية

  • تحتوي مكتبة DeWitt على ميكروفيلم مقاطعة كلينتون للأعوام 1840 و 1850 و 1860 و 1870 و 1880 و 1900 و 1910 والتعداد الخاص للمحاربين القدامى في الحرب الأهلية عام 1890

  • 1883 متقاعدي مقاطعة كلينتون الحرب الأهلية

  • 1894 قائمة قدامى المحاربين في الحرب الأهلية في مقاطعة كلينتون

  • مقاطعة كلينتون قدامى المحاربين الأسبان الأمريكيين

سجلات الكنيسة والمدرسة

  • تحتوي مكتبة مقاطعة DeWitt على سجلات الكنيسة التالية: كنيسة DeWitt Congregational Church (1840-1860) كنيسة DeWitt المعمدانية (نُسخ ضوئية ، 1840 - 1900) كنيسة DeWitt الميثودية (1860 - 1960)

  • الكتب السنوية لمدرسة كلينتون كاونتي

  • الكتب السنوية لمدرسة شيريدان رود

  • تحتوي مكتبة مقاطعة ديويت على السجلات المدرسية التالية: مدارس DeWitt العامة (معظمها من 1900 إلى 1950) مجموعة الكتاب السنوي لمدارس ديويت مدرسة ألين (1930-1940) مدرسة براون (1860-1950) مدرسة سيمونز (بعض المقالات المبكرة وقوائم المعلمين)

  • صفحة علم الأنساب في باورلي

  • علم الأنساب جاردنر بيرسون

  • Fuchs و Fox و Blonigen و Droste و Fedewa و Feldpausch و Garding و Gross و Martin و Miller و Niehaus و Pung و Schaefer و Schneider و Simon و Spitzley والعائلات ذات الصلة بالبريد الإلكتروني للحصول على عمليات بحث من قاعدة بيانات Jane الواسعة حول هذه العائلات

  • تاريخ عائلة سوارثوت عائلة سوارثوت من أوفيد وفيكتور توبس.

  • تشمل أسماء عائلة Voisen-Stewart Family Voisin و Yuncker و Pohl و Rademacher و Buechel و Schneider و Gross.

  • Heritage Quest كتب نصية كاملة وأكثر من ذلك. مجانًا مع بطاقة مكتبة DeWitt أو رخصة قيادة ميشيغان

  • علماء الأنساب من أرشيف مقاطعة كلينتون موجودون في مركز فالي فارمز المجتمعي

  • مقاطعة كلينتون GenWeb

  • مقاطعة إنغام GenWeb

  • مقاطعة إيونيا GenWeb

  • متحف باين جيلام سكوت سانت جونز ، ميشيغان

  • Shiawassee County Gen Web

  • تاريخ مقاطعة Shiawassee بواسطة ستيف شميت

  • جمعية الأنساب في منتصف ميشيغان

  • تتضمن جمعية علم الأنساب في مقاطعة Shiawassee قاعدة بيانات أسماء أسرية قابلة للبحث

  • كارثة مدرسة باث - باورل

  • كارثة مدرسة باث - داغي تتضمن النص الكامل لكتاب "كارثة مدرسة باث" لمونتي إلسورث وأكثر.

  • تفاصيل حول DeWitt (2001)

  • أعمدة صحيفة ديويت بقلم كين كوين

  • مكتبة مقاطعة ديويت لديها نسخ من التواريخ المحلية بما في ذلك تاريخ منطقة ديويت بواسطة كين كوين

  • 1983 برنامج DeWitt Follies

  • DeWitt Sesquicentennial Pow Wow (1983)

  • كتاب DeWitt Sesquicentennial التذكاري (1983)

  • تاريخ إلسي ميشيغان

  • التاريخ وألبوم السيرة الذاتية لمقاطعي شياواسي وكلينتون (1880) نص كامل على الإنترنت

  • ماضي وحاضر كلينتونمقاطعة ، ميشيغان بواسطة Judge S. B. Daboll (1906) النص الكامل على الإنترنت

  • ألبوم صور وسيرة ذاتية لمقاطعي كلينتون وشياواسي (1891) نص كامل على الإنترنت

  • تاريخ مقاطعتي شياواسي وكلينتون (1880) نص كامل على الإنترنت

الشركات والمنظمات المحلية

  • مكتبة مقاطعة DeWitt لديها سجلات تجارية لـ: Woodruff Brothers Bank

  • تمتلك مكتبة مقاطعة ديويت سجلات تنظيمية لـ: معسكر جورج أندرسون - الجيش الكبير للجمهورية نادي ديويت النسائي DeWitt Civic Club DeWitt Mother's Club DeWitt Memorial Association DeWitt PTA DeWitt Royal Neighbours / Modern Woodmen (حاملي وثائق التأمين)

  • خرائط مقاطعة كلينتون 1864 من GenWeb

  • أطلس مقاطعة كلينتون ، ميشيغان (1873) متاح على الإنترنت

  • أطلس قياسي لمقاطعة كلينتون (1896) متاح على الإنترنت

  • الأطلس القياسي لمقاطعة كلينتون (1915) متاح على الإنترنت

  • مجموعة صور منطقة ديويت - مع وجود أكثر من 1000 صورة عتيقة ، ربما تكون مجموعة التصوير الفوتوغرافي لمكتبة مقاطعة ديويت المتنامية باستمرار أفضل توثيق لهذا المجتمع سريع التغير. تتوفر نسخ ضوئية مفهرسة لجميع صورنا تقريبًا للعرض العام. توجد الصور الفوتوغرافية والأفلام السلبية الأصلية في مجلدات مشفرة خالية من الأحماض ويتم تخزينها في صناديق أرشيفية. هذه متاحة للاستخدام للباحثين داخل غرفة التاريخ المحلي عند الطلب.

  • مجموعة شافلي السلبية - عدة مئات من السلبيات معظمها من ثلاثينيات وأربعينيات القرن العشرين. تتوفر بعض المطبوعات وتم مسح أكثر من 100 نسخة ضوئيًا وهي متوفرة بتنسيق رقمي. أولئك الذين لم يتم مسحهم ضوئيًا هم في الغالب لعائلات مباشرة أو صور من خارج منطقة ديويت بما في ذلك شبه الجزيرة العليا ومهرجان هولندا توليب.

  • مجموعة صور DeWitt-Bath Review - مجموعة واسعة من الصور التي التقطتها الجريدة للأشخاص والشركات والأنشطة المدرسية والمجتمعية. معظمهم من التسعينيات وأوائل القرن الحادي والعشرين. كل من عاش في منطقة DeWitt في ذلك الوقت تقريبًا موجود في هذه المجموعة. تم مسح بعضها ضوئيًا وهي متوفرة بتنسيق رقمي. يمكن عرض كل شيء عند الطلب.

  • صور DeWitt A ssessor - مجموعة من أكثر من 1000 صورة لجميع الشركات والمساكن في مدينة DeWitt من أواخر السبعينيات إلى أوائل الثمانينيات. معظم الصور بالأبيض والأسود من أبريل 1978. البعض الآخر من البناء الجديد أو التغييرات الرئيسية بعد ذلك التاريخ ملونة. ينظمها الشارع والرقم. تغيرت بعض أرقام الشوارع منذ وقت الصورة. بعض المباني مفقودة من المجموعة. يمكن الاطلاع عليها عند الطلب. يمكن أيضًا طلب النسخ الممسوحة ضوئيًا عن طريق إرسال بريد إلكتروني إلى [email protected]

  • Ralph L. Woodruff Scrapbook - سجل قصاصات من الصور والتذكارات من وقته في ولاية ميشيغان من 1923-1927. تم مسح جميع الصور مع بعض التذكارات المختارة. تتضمن الصور الحياة في الحرم الجامعي والأحداث الرياضية و ROTC والأصدقاء.

روابط لمواقع علم الأنساب

  • Ancestry.com

  • قائمة سيندي قائمة واسعة من المواقع

  • FamilySearch موقع رائع مع الكثير من البيانات المجانية

  • FamilyTreeMaker

  • مكتبة النسب لمجموعة ميشيغان الأنساب ، مخططات مجموعة العائلة والمزيد

  • أرشيف ولاية ميشيغان

  • شبكة تاريخ عائلة ميشيغان

  • إدارة المحفوظات والسجلات الوطنية: صفحة علم الأنساب

  • المحفوظات الوطنية لكندا

  • جمعية الأنساب الوطنية

  • جذور الويب

  • USGenWeb

حقوق الطبع والنشر 2010-2017 DeWitt District Library 13101 Schavey Rd DeWitt، Michigan 48820517-669-3156
موقع بواسطة شركة TCP Image


الوقت الحالي

في الوقت الذي يعيش فيه أقل من 10٪ من سكان الولايات المتحدة في مناطق ريفية حقيقية وفي الوقت الذي تتقلص فيه وتختفي العديد من تلك الأماكن الريفية في جميع أنحاء بلادنا ، تواصل مدينة DeWitt إضافة السكان والشركات وفرص العمل. نتيجة لتعاون المدينة ومنطقة المدرسة ، والعمل الجاد للمسؤولين المنتخبين ، والأهم من ذلك التزام السكان وجهودهم ومتطوعين من المجتمع ، فقد تمكن المجتمع من بناء مرافق ترفيهية وثقافية وتعليمية متميزة ، والترويج بنجاح لخلق وظائف جديدة ونقل أصحاب العمل الرئيسيين إلى المدينة ، وخلق روح مجتمعية حيث يأخذ السكان زمام المبادرة لتعزيز تحسين تواصل اجتماعي. في الخلفية ، توفر المدينة بكفاءة الخدمات العامة الأساسية من خلال إدارة إطفاء متطوعة مدربة تدريباً جيداً ، وإدارة شرطة معتمدة من CALEA ، والمكتبة الأكثر شعبية في المقاطعة ، وإدارة الحدائق والترفيه التي توفر عددًا كبيرًا من برامج الأطفال والبالغين و يحتفظ بشبكة كبيرة من المتنزهات والممرات ، وطاقم الأشغال العامة الذي يفخر بصيانة البنية التحتية العامة. يقدم DeWitt بالفعل مجتمعًا نظيفًا وآمنًا ، مليئًا بالفرص لجميع الأعمار.


دي ويت كلينتون

ولد دي ويت كلينتون في 2 مارس 1769 في نابانوك ، مقاطعة أولستر ، نيويورك. تلقى تعليمه في أكاديمية Kingston وكلية King & # 8217s (الآن جامعة كولومبيا). درس كلينتون في مكتب المحاماة المحامي الشهير صمويل جونز الأب ، وأصبح صديقًا مدى الحياة مع زميله الطالب ، ثم أصبح لاحقًا مستشارًا لنيويورك ، صامويل جونز الابن. مدينة يورك.

في عامي 1787 و 1788 ، كتب دي ويت كلينتون مقالات في الصحف تعارض التصديق على الدستور الفيدرالي ، وفي عام 1789 ، تم تعيين كلينتون سكرتيرًا خاصًا لحاكم نيويورك ، عمه جورج كلينتون.

تم انتخاب دي ويت كلينتون لعضوية جمعية نيويورك عام 1797 ، ومجلس شيوخ نيويورك عام 1798. وأصبح عضوًا في مجلس التعيين عام 1801 ، وتم اختياره لملء مقعد شاغر في مجلس الشيوخ الأمريكي عام 1802. هناك ، دعا إلى التعديل الثاني عشر للدستور. في عام 1803 ، أصبح كلينتون عمدة مدينة نيويورك ، وعمل حتى عام 1815 باستثناء فترتين سنويتين. في محكمة العمدة & # 8217 ، ترأس قضيتين بارزتين ، و قضية Cordwainers في مدينة نيويورك (1810) و الناس ضد فيليبس (1813). كوردوينرز هي قضية قانون العمل حيث أدين مجموعة من صانعي الأحذية يطالبون بأجور أعلى مقابل العمل بالقطعة بتهمة التآمر على القانون العام. قضية فيليبس هي أول قضية أمريكية معروفة حول حرية الدين وامتياز إثبات التوبة القسيس في القانون الأمريكي. ومن هذه القضية ، ميز القاضي ويليام فان نيس في حكمه في الناس ضد كريستيان سميث.

كان كلينتون رجلاً يتمتع بذكاء عظيم ، وكان بارعًا في كل من الأدب الحسني والعلم. نشر العديد من المقالات التي لقيت استحسانًا ، وتم تكريمه من خلال عضويته في المؤسسات العلمية في الولايات المتحدة وبريطانيا العظمى وعدة دول في أوروبا القارية. في عام 1812 ، تم تكريمه من قبل كلية كوينز (الآن روتجرز) بدرجة فخرية من دكتوراه في القانون وفي عام 1824 ، تم تكريمه بالمثل من قبل أمناء جامعته ، كلية كولومبيا.

شغل كلينتون منصب عضو مجلس الشيوخ عن ولاية نيويورك من 1806 إلى 1811 ، ونائب الحاكم من 1811 إلى 1813. كان دي ويت كلينتون مدافعًا قويًا عن قناة الولاية بين نهر هدسون وبحيرة إيري ، وأصبح أحد مفوضي القناة في عام 1810 ، وفي 1816 ، تبنت الهيئة التشريعية في نيويورك خطة قناة كلينتون & # 8217. في العام التالي ، انتُخب كلينتون حاكمًا لنيويورك ، وأعيد انتخابه في عام 1820. ولم يترشح في عام 1822 بسبب نزاعات حزبية داخلية ، ولكنه انتخب مرة أخرى حاكمًا في عام 1824 ، مما وفر له متعة رئاسة احتفال عام 1825 ب افتتاح كل من شامبلين وقناة إيري. أعيد انتخابه حاكمًا مرة أخرى في عام 1826 ، وتوفي في منصبه في 11 فبراير 1828.


التاريخ في ديويت

تأسس ديويت بولاية أيوا عام 1836 من قبل مستوطنين من الولايات الشرقية. تم تسمية DeWitt على اسم DeWitt Clinton ، حاكم نيويورك من 1817-1822. في عام 1840 ، تم بناء محكمة ثانية في ديويت لمقاطعة كلينتون. كان ديويت مقرًا للمقاطعة من عام 1841 إلى عام 1869. في عام 1856 جاء خط سكة حديد شيكاغو وأيوا ونبراسكا (المعروف الآن باسم يونيون باسيفيك) إلى ديويت. بحلول سبعينيات القرن التاسع عشر ، كان DeWitt مجتمعًا مزدهرًا ومكتفيًا ذاتيًا يضم العديد من الفنادق والأسواق ومجموعة متنوعة من المتاجر والخدمات. كان لدى DeWitt عدد قليل أولاً في ولاية آيوا. تم تنظيم أول فريق بيسبول ، The Hawks ، في DeWitt في عام 1860. تم بناء أول برج Spear Water في عام 1957. ومن الحقائق التاريخية الأخرى المثيرة للاهتمام حول DeWitt ما يلي: تم بناء المدرسة الأولى في عام 1867 وتكلف بناؤها 25000 دولار. تم بناء مسرح دار الأوبرا في عام 1878. تم تنظيم إدارة إطفاء ديويت في عام 1879. في عام 1881 ، بدأ معرض المقاطعة كحدث سنوي. في عام 1952 ، تم افتتاح المستشفى في ديويت. ساعد ماضي ديويت في تشكيل مجتمع تقدمي يتجه نحو المستقبل.

النمو الحالي

في الوقت الذي يعيش فيه أقل من 10 في المائة من سكان الولايات المتحدة في مناطق ريفية حقيقية وعندما تتقلص وتختفي العديد من تلك الأماكن الريفية في جميع أنحاء أمتنا ، تواصل DeWitt إضافة السكان والشركات وفرص العمل. نتيجة للتعاون والعمل الجاد للمدينة ، والمنطقة التعليمية ، والمسؤولين المنتخبين ، والأهم من ذلك ، التزام وجهود السكان والشركات والمتطوعين المجتمعيين ، تمكن المجتمع من بناء مرافق ترفيهية وثقافية وتعليمية متميزة ، نجح في الترويج لخلق وظائف جديدة ونقل أصحاب العمل الرئيسيين إلى المدينة وخلق روح مجتمعية حيث يأخذ السكان زمام المبادرة لتعزيز تحسين المجتمع.

في الخلفية ، توفر المدينة بكفاءة خدمات عامة رفيعة المستوى مع قسم إطفاء متطوع مدرب جيدًا ، وقسم شرطة معتمد من CALEA ، والمكتبة الأكثر استخدامًا في المقاطعة ، وقسم الحدائق والترفيه الذي يوفر برامج مكثفة للشباب والكبار وطاقم الأشغال العامة الذي يفخر بصيانة البنية التحتية العامة. يقدم DeWitt مجتمعًا نظيفًا وآمنًا ، مع فرص لجميع الأعمار.


تاريخ ديويت كلينتون هاوس

قصر كلينتون حوالي عام 1900

يعد DeWitt Clinton House Historic Marker ، الواقع في مثلث باركليت في شارع Maspeth و 56th Terrace في Maspeth ، تقديرًا مرحبًا به (واستبدال العلامة السابقة التي اختفت منذ فترة طويلة في نفس الموقع) لكل من DeWitt Clinton وموقع السابق منزل على بعد عدة مئات من الأقدام إلى الشمال والذي امتلكه من عام 1807 حتى وفاته المفاجئة في عام 1828. ساهم الموقع والعديد من الأشخاص المهمين المرتبطين به ، بالإضافة إلى ديويت كلينتون كفرد ، بشكل كبير في تاريخ ماسبيث ، مقاطعة كوينز ، ومدينة نيويورك ، وولاية نيويورك ، والولايات المتحدة الأمريكية ، بالإضافة إلى التداعيات الدولية من حيث التاريخ والاقتصاد والتجارة والتنمية والنمو ، من بين الاتجاهات الهامة الأخرى.

جوزيف ساكيت العقارية 1724-1755

كان الموقع المشار إليه من قبل العلامة التاريخية عبارة عن تل صغير ، منذ أن تمت تسويته ، على بعد عدة مئات من الأقدام إلى الشمال بالقرب من فرع نيوتاون كريك المعروف باسم English Kills. في عام 1724 ، بنى القاضي جوزيف ساكيت دولة كبيرة & # 8220seat & # 8221 موصوف بأنه & # 8220t من طابقين ، ومنزل بأربعة مدخنة & # 8230 على قطعة أرض ذات مناظر خلابة بالقرب من مرسى بلدة Maspeth. & # 8221
كانت عائلة ساكيت قد استقرت سابقًا على مساحة كبيرة من الأرض في ماسبيث في عام 1656 بجوار وتضم الأراضي السفلية الإنجليزية.

كان القاضي ساكيت ، الذي جلس في محكمة المناشدات العامة ، أيضًا رجل أعمال ناجحًا جمع مساحات كبيرة من الأراضي في نيوجيرسي وأماكن أخرى في نيو ويندسور ، نيويورك - بالصدفة مسقط رأس ديويت كلينتون - كان يسيطر على الجزء المركزي من براءة اختراع تشامبرز-جنوب. بالإضافة إلى أكثر من 8000 فدان في بلدة بلومينج جروف المجاورة. في نيو ويندسور ، بدأ أيضًا خدمة العبارات الأولى إلى فيشكيل (الآن بيكون) ، نيويورك على الجانب الشرقي من نهر هدسون.

عقار والتر فرانكلين 1755-1780

بعد وفاته في عام 1755 ، تم بيع الممتلكات في Maspeth التي تضم موقع القصر إلى Walter Franklin ، وهو تاجر مستورد ثري من نيويورك. ميدان فرانكلين ، الذي كان سابقًا عند تقاطع شارعي بيرل وكيري (الآن منحدر مانهاتن المؤدي إلى جسر بروكلين) ، كان المكان الذي احتفظ فيه فرانكلين بقصره في المدينة وحدائقه ، وكان القصر ، الذي شيد في عام 1770 وعرف لاحقًا باسم Samuel Osgood House ، استخدمه الرئيس جورج واشنطن كمقر إقامته للسنة الأولى من رئاسته.

خلال الحرب الثورية ، تم استخدام القصر في Maspeth كمقر للجنرال البريطاني جوزيف وارين ، الذي استخدم موقعه المجاور لنيوتاون كريك لإطلاق غزوه لمانهاتن في عام 1776.

حوزة إسحاق كورسا 1780-1807

بعد وفاة فرانكلين عام 1780 ، استولت أخته وزوجها الكولونيل إسحاق كورسا على قصره في ماسبيث. كان كورسا من قدامى المحاربين في الحرب الفرنسية والهندية وأيضًا تاجر ناجح واجهه مع جورج واشنطن في بداية الحرب الثورية وسُجن لبعض الوقت لكونه من المتعاطفين مع حزب المحافظين.

عقار ديويت كلينتون 1807-1828

عند وفاته ، انتقل العقار إلى ابنة والتر فرانكلين وصهره ، ديويت كلينتون. خلال فترة ولايته كمالك - من 1807 حتى وفاته في 1828 - استخدمها كلينتون كملاذ ريفي. هنا تم وضع خطته لإنشاء قناة إيري ، والتي قيل إنها مستوحاة من الجداول البطيئة والضحلة والملاحة المجاورة لممتلكاته والتي أفرغت إلى أحد أكبر مراكز النشاط الاقتصادي في ذلك الوقت ، النهر الشرقي. في الواقع ، وفقًا لروايات من ذلك الوقت ، كان كلينتون مفتونًا بفكرة إنشاء قناة من خليج Flushing في كوينز إلى خليج Wallabout في بروكلين والتي من شأنها تجاوز ما كان ، في أوائل القرن التاسع عشر ، بوابة الجحيم التي لا يمكن عبورها تقريبًا عند التقاء. الشرق ونهر هارلم. من الواضح أن القناة النظرية التي تم بناؤها من خليج Flushing عبر كوينز من المرجح أن تكون متصلة بنيوتاون كريك ، التي تفرغ ميلًا شمال خليج Wallabout في النهر الشرقي.

كان DeWitt Clinton ، وهو شخصية أسطورية ، أكثر مالكي العقار شهرة. كموظف عام - عضو مجلس ولاية نيويورك (تم انتخابه عام 1798) عضو مجلس شيوخ ولاية نيويورك (خدم من 1798-1802 و 1806-1807) عضو مجلس الشيوخ الأمريكي (1802-1803) عمدة مدينة نيويورك (1803-1807 ، 1808-1810) ، 1811-1815) نائب الحاكم (1811-1813) المرشح الرئاسي للحزب الفيدرالي (1812) وحاكم نيويورك (1817-1822 ، 1825-1828) - كان أحد أكثر الشخصيات شهرة في نيويورك الدولة ، وبعد ترشحه للرئاسة في عام 1812 ، الولايات المتحدة.

خارج السياسة الانتخابية ، كان لبصماته على إنشاء قناة إيري تداعيات هائلة على مدينة نيويورك وولاية نيويورك والولايات المتحدة. & # 8220superhway & # 8221 من وقته وسخر منه في البداية كـ & # 8220Clinton & # 39s Folly & # 8221 و & # 8220DeWitt & # 39s Ditch & # 8221 حولت قناة إيري التجارة والنقل وولّدت ثروة هائلة ونموًا اقتصاديًا ، لا سيما في نيو يورك. كان ديويت كلينتون مؤرخًا وعالمًا طبيعيًا له اهتمام كبير بالتعليم ، وكان له دور فعال في تنظيم جمعية نيويورك التاريخية في عام 1804 ، ثم أصبح رئيسًا لها فيما بعد (1813-1817) وصيًا على جامعة ولاية نيويورك ( 1808-1825) عضوًا في جمعية الآثار الأمريكية ثم نائبًا لرئيسها (1821-1828) وانتُخب في الأكاديمية الأمريكية للفنون والعلوم في عام 1816.

ملكية ديفيد س جونز 1828-1848

بعد وفاته ، استحوذ صهر كلينتون ، ديفيد إس جونز - قاضي مقاطعة كوينز ، وفي وقت ما ، مستشار شركة مدينة نيويورك ، على ملكية عقار ماسبث. كان جونز ابن صموئيل جونز ، الذي اعتبره الكثيرون أنه أنشأ النظام القانوني والمحاكم الحديث في ولاية نيويورك والمعروف باسم & # 8220Father of the New York Bar. & # 8221 بينما واصل ديفيد جونز صيانة ممتلكات Maspeth ، بعد تقاعده ، قام ببناء قصر مثير للإعجاب في Massapequa والذي أطلق عليه Massapequa Manor على مساحة كبيرة من شمال Merrick Boulevard ، كما أنشأ بحيرة Massapequa ، وهي الآن جزء من محمية Massapequa و Nassau-Suffolk Greenbelt Trail ، عن طريق بناء سد Massapequa Creek ، وتحريك الأرض وإنشاء جزيرة اصطناعية سميت على اسم زوجته ماري كلينتون.

بعد الانتهاء من Massapequa Manor ، كان جونز في ضائقة مالية شديدة لدرجة أنه اضطر إلى بيع التركة والخروج من التقاعد. استقر مرة أخرى على الممتلكات في Maspeth لبقية حياته. كان مؤسسًا أصليًا لكنيسة القديس مخلص ، التي تقع على مسافة قصيرة سيرًا على الأقدام من ممتلكاته.

عقار إدوارد جودفري 1848-1870

بعد وفاته في عام 1848 ، باع جونز & # 39 ورثة ممتلكات Maspeth إلى إدوارد جودفري ، تاجر جلود أسس E. أعمال المدابغ في مدينة نيويورك). اشترى Godfrey عقار Maspeth في وقت قريب من وصوله إلى مدينة نيويورك من West Point.

تاجر جلود ناجح - لما يقرب من ثلاثة عقود كانت شركته أكبر مصنع للسلع الجلدية في نيويورك - احتفظ جودفري بالميزات التاريخية للعقار أثناء ملكيته.

شاركت الأجيال في & # 8220Clinton Hall & # 8221

مع وفاته في عام 1864 ، عرض أبناؤه العقار للبيع. في عام 1870 ، تم شراؤها من قبل عامل ألبان محلي يدعى فيليب جروسي الذي حول العقار إلى حديقة بيرة وقاعة ترفيه. أطلق عليها اسم Clinton Park من Grussy ، وظلت تعمل لعقود. ومع ذلك ، بدأ المنزل في الانخفاض تحت ملكيتهم في ثمانينيات القرن التاسع عشر ، حيث حاول أحد أبناء كلينتون الذين ولدوا هناك زيارة المنزل لكنه لم يتمكن من الدخول حتى يتم إثبات هويته. بحلول تسعينيات القرن التاسع عشر ، تم تقسيم المبنى إلى أربع شقق على الأقل وتم استخدامه كمسكن ، وبحلول نهاية القرن العشرين ، وصفت التقارير الإخبارية المنزل الريفي السابق بأنه & # 8220 متداعي بشكل كبير & # 8221 و & # 8220 ممنوح عمليًا للدخول في الخراب & # 8221 من قبل أصحابها. بحلول ذلك الوقت ، كان هذا الجزء من Maspeth قد بدأ في التصنيع.

بينما صدرت نداءات متقطعة للحفاظ على المنزل وحمايته على مدى العقود التالية ، لم تتحقق أي مساعدة في إنقاذ المنزل. كان آخر تطور فيما يتعلق بالعقار ومالكه السابق الشهير هو كلينتون هول (المبنى لا يزال قائما) ، وهي قاعة ترفيهية ، بعد تجديدها وتوسيعها في عام 1927 ، وصفت بأنها & # 8220 أكبر قاعة رقص في لونغ آيلاند & # 8221 مع & # 8220 قاعة رقص وأزقة بولينج وملاعب كرة سلة وغرفة بلياردو & # 8230 ثريا في قاعة الرقص تزن طنين ولديها ألفي مصباح. & # 8221 بحلول هذا الوقت ، كان المنزل نفسه قد تعرض للدمار بسبب التخريب والتخريب. في عام 1933 دمرته حريق.

على الرغم من عدم وجود أي أثر للعقار والقصر الذي كان يومًا ما يشرف على هذا الجزء من Maspeth وستكون المنطقة غير معروفة للأجيال السابقة ، ولهذا السبب بالضبط يتم إعادة وضع العلامة التاريخية المتماثلة هذه في موقع الأصل. لا شك في أنه بعد مرور مائتي عام على إنشاء قناة إيري ، يجب أن يتذكر الجمهور الموقع الذي أصبح مقعد ديويت كلينتون القطري ويعيد اكتشافه.

بول جرازيانو هو استشاري تخطيط حضري و # 038 من دعاة الحفاظ على التراث التاريخي.


قاطرة "ديويت كلينتون"

واحدة من أوائل القاطرات البخارية التي استخدمت في الولايات المتحدة كانت ديويت كلينتون، نموذج 0-4-0 تم بناؤه في أمريكا.

من المعترف به تاريخيًا أنه ليس فقط من أوائل الشركات العاملة في البلاد ولكن أيضًا أول من يقدم خدمة نقل الركاب المجدولة بانتظام في نيويورك على طول خط سكة حديد Mohawk & Hudson.

تم تسمية القاطرة على اسم حاكم ولاية سابق ، والذي من المفارقات أنه دافع عن بناء قناة إيري (بطيئة ، لكنها مع ذلك ، منافسة للسكك الحديدية) قبل بضع سنوات بين بوفالو ومدينة نيويورك التي كان من المفترض أن تكون مستقبل النقل . & # xa0

& # xa0كلينتون was built with a now-classic design for a steam locomotive and even operated with a matching set of early passenger cars.

Unfortunately, as was so often the case in those days no one thought to retain it for its historical significance and it was scrapped within a few years. Today, a replica is now available to the public preserved at the Henry Ford Museum.

The "DeWitt Clinton" at the 1933 Chicago World's Fair (also known as "A Century of Progress International Exposition").

The Mohawk & Hudson was New York's first chartered railroad, and upon its creation the M&H was the second such system ever incorporated behind only the private Granite Railway of Massachusetts, formed a month earlier in March to move stone from a small granite quarry.

The railroad received its name for the two tributaries that it hoped to connect the Hudson River at Albany and the Mohawk River at Schenectady. Due to funding issues, however, it took more than four years until construction actually began.

During this time a number of lines would be chartered and operated before the M&H including the B&O and South Carolina Canal & Rail Road based in the port city of Charleston. The line was meant to compete against the recently completed Erie Canal although its original intention was only to haul passengers, not freight.

Other Notable Early Locomotives

Another scene of the "DeWitt Clinton" on display at the Chicago Fair of 1933.

The railroad opened to much fanfare on August 9, 1831 when the DeWitt Clinton pulled the first regularly scheduled passenger train from Albany to Schenectady.

Interestingly, crowds were eager to ride this little 0-4-0 locomotive although tickets were so expensive only the rich were able to afford a the trip on such a futuristic piece of technology.

This was quite the contrary on the nearby Delaware & Hudson Canal Company when it had tested its English-built Stourbridge Lion two years earlier on August 8, 1829.

The locomotive was the first ever operated in the U.S. and it grabbed the intention of a large crowd as well, although many thought it would be a complete disaster (as a result, no one would ride behind it!).

That locomotive operated flawlessly and by 1831 steam technology had been proven to the point that most had a very different opinion, believing that railroads were the future in transportation.

In this scene the "DeWitt Clinton" replica is on display at the 1921 New York State Fair. Note the sign, "The New York Central's First Train."

Most of the early steamers built in America were either constructed by the West Point Foundry in Cold Spring, New York (near NYC) or reassembled there after having been shipped across the Atlantic Ocean from England.

ال DeWitt Clinton was no different. It was the third U.S.-built locomotive in the country behind only Peter Cooper's Tom Thumb (which was not built at West Point) and the SCC&RR's Best Friend of Charleston.

The steamer had been ordered by the Mohawk & Hudson's then chief engineer, John B. Jervis, who was already very familiar with the new machines.

Prior to coming over to the M&H in 1831 he had worked for the D&H and sent his apprentice, Horatio Allen, to learn more about steam locomotives to ultimately decide if it was worth purchasing one or more for use on the railroad. This led to the D&H acquiring the Stourbridge Lion and three others.

Additionally, it used a somewhat matching set of early passenger cars, which were basically customized horse carriages patrons riding aboard would either be seated inside the cars or on rumble seats placed on the roofs.

The trip transpired without incident and the DeWitt Clinton remained in use on the M&H for only a few years before being scrapped by the railroad in 1833. However, a complete replica, including cars, was built by successor New York Central for the 1893 Columbian Exposition in Chicago which was entirely operational.

It was used by the railroad for on-an-off again promotional purposes until being purchased in 1934 by Henry Ford for his famed museum in Dearborn, Michigan, where it still resides to this day next to the behemoth Chesapeake & Ohio Class H-8 2-6-6-6 "Allegheny".


Hudson-Mohawk Genealogical and Family Memoirs:De Witt

[This information is from Vol. I, pp. 362-367 of Hudson-Mohawk Genealogical and Family Memoirs , edited by Cuyler Reynolds (New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company, 1911). It is in the Reference collection of the Schenectady County Public Library at R 929.1 R45. Some of the formatting of the original, especially in lists of descendants, may have been altered slightly for ease of reading.]

The ancestor of the De Witt family in America was Tjerck Claessen De Witt, of whom the first mention made is to be found in the "Trouw Boeck," or register of marriages of the Reformed or Collegiate Dutch church of New York City. There it is recorded that on April 24, 1656, "Tjerck Claessen De Witt van Grootholdt en Zunderlandt" (Westphalia) married "Barbara Andriessen van Amsterdam." He was the son of Nicholas De Witt, of Holland, one of the members of a most influential family. It is not known whether other of his relatives actually came over from Holland at the same time that he did but it is thought probable, as he had a sister, Emmerentje, who married Martinus Hoffman in 1662, at New Amsterdam, and his brother, Jan Claessen De Witt, died, unmarried, at Kingston, New York, in 1699.

Tjerck C. De Witt resided in New York for a short time following his marriage in 1656, where his first child was born but removed in the spring of the following year to Albany, where he purchased a house and lot. He exchanged this in September, 1660, with Madame de Hutter, for land in Wiltwyck (Kingston), Ulster county, New York, with "possession to be given May 1, 1661." Here he lived until his death, and for two centuries and a half the place remained in the family. He was undoubtedly a man of means, as is shown by the fact that in 1661 he was taxed one hundred and twenty-five guilders (equal to about $50) to help pay for a new church building in Esopus, and in 1662 he owned No. 28 of the "New Lots." His eldest daughter, Taatje, was carried away from him by the Indians, June 7, 1663, during the destruction of Kingston and Hurley, but was rescued. Governor Lovelace deeded to him "a parcel of bush-land, together with a house, lot, orchard, and calves' pasture, lying near Kingston, in Esopus," on June 25, 1672, and Governor Andros, October 8, 1677, deeded to him about fifty acres of woodland west of the town. He was, on February 11, 1679, one of the signers of a renewal of the Nichols treaty with the Esopus Indians. He joined with others, in 1684, petitioning Governor Thomas Dongan that there might he "liberty by charter to this county (Ulster) to choose our owne officers to every towne court by the major vote of the freeholders." The petition greatly offended the authorities, so that the signers were arrested and fined for this display of a desire for free or local self-government. The trustees of Kingston conveyed to him one hundred and eighty-nine acres of land, February 13, 1685, and June 6, 1685, he claimed two hundred and ninety acres lying upon the north side of Rondout Kill, known as Momboccus, which was granted to him by patent May 14, 1694. He was elected a magistrate of Ulster county, March 4, 1689. He died at Kingston, New York, February 17, 1700. By his will, dated March 4, 1698, he left his property to his wife for life, and directed that after her death it be divided between his oldest and youngest sons, in trust, and by them divided into twelve equal shares, to be given to each of his children or their heirs but to Lucas he devised the one-half of a sloop he had built the year before, and his widow was named executrix.

Tjerck Claessen De Witt married, at New Amsterdam, April 24, 1656, Barbara Andriessen, who died July 6, 1714. Children:

  1. Andries, born in New York City (New Amsterdam) in the early part of 1657 (see forward).
  2. Taatje, born at Albany, New York, about 1659, died previous to 1724 was carried off by Esopus Indians at the burning of Kingston in 1663 but was rescued married, 1677, Matthys Matthyssen Van Keuren, son, of Matthys Jansen and Margaret (Hendrickse) Van Keuren, who in 1685 was commissioned captain and served against the French on the northern frontier.
  3. Jannetje, baptized February 12, 1662, died in 1744 married Cornelis Swits, born 1651, died 1730, son of Cornelis Claessen and Ariantje (Trommels) Swits.
  4. Klaes, baptized February 17, 1664, died previous to 1698.
  5. Jan, baptized February 14, 1666, died previous to probating of will, April 12, 1715 married Wyntje, daughter of Dr. Roeloff and Ikee (Aaghe) (Roosa) Kiersted.
  6. Geertruy, baptized October 15, 1668 married, March 24, 1688, Hendrick Hendricksen Schoonmaker, baptized May 17, 1665, son of Hendrick Jochemsen and Elsie (Janse) Schoonmaker.
  7. Jacob, married Grietje, daughter of Cornelis C. and Annatje (Cornelissen) Vernooy, and lived at Rochester, Ulster county, New York, where he was one of the trustees of the place.
  8. Rachel, married Cornelis Bogardus, died October 13, 1707, son of Cornelis and Helena (Teller) Bogardus.
  9. Lucas, married, December 22, 1695, Annatje, daughter of Anthony and Jannetje (Hillebrants) Delva was commander and joint owner with his father of the sloop, "St. Barbara," and died in 1703.
  10. Peek, married (first), at Albany, January 2, 1698, Marytje Janse Vanderberg married (second), December 21, 1723, Maria Teunis he was first a resident of New York, subsequently buying land in Dutchess county, September 6, 1698, and in 1715 removed to Ulster county.
  11. Tjerck.
  12. Marritje, married (first), November 3, 1700, Hendrick Hendricksen Kortreght, son of Hendrick Jansen and Catharine Hansen (Weber) Kortreght married (second), September 6, 1702, Jan Macklin.
  13. Aagje, baptized January 14, 1684 married, August 23, 1712, Jan Pawling, son of Henry and Neeltje (Roosa) Pawling.

(II) Andries, son of Tjerck Claessen and Barbara (Andriessen) De Witt, was born in New Amsterdam (New York City), between 1657 and 1660, and died at Kingston, New York, July 22, 1710. For some years he lived at Marbletown, Ulster county, New York, on a farm given to him by his father but removed to Kingston previous to 1708. His death is recorded in the family records in this wise: "Captain Andries De Witt departed this life in a sorrowful way through the breaking of two sleepers (beams) he was pressed down and very much bruised he spoke a few words and died." He was buried in the church-yard at Kingston. He married, March 7, 1682, Jannetje Egbertsen. She was baptized in New Amsterdam, January 11, 1664, died November 23, 1733, and was the daughter of Egbert Meindertse and Jaepe (Jans) Egbertsen. أطفال:

  1. Tjerck, baptized January 12, 1683 died at Kingston, August 30, 1762 married (first), January 18, 1708, Anne Pawling, baptized June 19, 1687, daughter of Henry and Neeltje (Roosa) Pawling married (second), October 17, 1739, Deborah, baptized September 14, 1684, daughter of Egbert Hendricksen and Annatje (Berry) Schoonmaker, widow successively of Jacob Vernooy and Hendrick Vroom.
  2. Jacob, baptized September 28, 1684, died young.
  3. Barbara, baptized August 22, 1686, died young.
  4. Klaes, baptized April 30, 1688, died young.
  5. Barbara (2d), born October 30, 1689 married, March 25, 1715, Johannes Van Leuven died November 1, 1715.
  6. Jacob, born December 30, 1691 married, May 9, 1731, Hevltje Van Kampen, baptized October 6, 1700, daughter of Jan and Tietje Janse (Decker) Van Kampen.
  7. Maria, born January 21, 1693 married, October 30, 1713, Jan Roosa, Jr., baptized November 6, 1692, son of Jan and Hillegond (Van Buren) Roosa.
  8. Helena, born December 7, 1695 married, June 6, 1719, Jacob Swits, baptized at Albany, June 26, 1695, son of Isaac and Susanna (Groot) Swits.
  9. Andries, born April 1, 1697, died July 2, 1701.
  10. Egbert, born March 18, 1699, see forward.
  11. Johannes, born March 26, 1701 married, June 27, 1724, Mary Brodhead, baptized August 6, 1699, daughter of Charles and Maria (Ten Broeck) Brodhead.
  12. Andries, baptized February 20, 1704, died at Rochester, Ulster county, New York, in 1764 married, December 3, 1731, Bredjen Nottingham, baptized December 23, 1711, daughter of William and Margaret (Rutsen) Nottingham.

(III) Egbert, son of Andries and Jannetje (Egbertsen) De Witt, was born March 18, 1699. He settled at Napahanoch, in the town of Warwarsing, Ulster county, New York. He married, November 4, 1726, Mary Nottingham, born May 19, 1704, daughter of William and Margaret (Rutsen) Nottingham. أطفال:

  1. Andries, baptized October 15, 1727, see forward.
  2. Jacob Rutsen, baptized April 13, 1729 married, April 15, 1756, Jenneke, daughter of Moses and Margaret (Schoonmaker) Depuy purchased land on the Navesink river, and was a captain of a militia company during the revolution.
  3. William, born in 1731 married, May 30, 1762, Susanna Chambers.
  4. John E., baptized September 19, 1733 married, October 26, 1765, Catherine Newkirk, baptized February 26, 1738, daughter of Cornelius, Jr., and Neeltje (Du Bois) Newkirk.
  5. Stephen, baptized December 14, 1735 married, December 8, 1770, Wyntje, baptized February 23, 1746, died July 7, 1830, daughter of John and Venni (Nottingham) Brodhead.
  6. Mary, born September 5, 1737, died September 12, 1795 married, February 18, 1765, General James Clinton, born August 9, 1736, died December 22, 1812, son of Charles and Elizabeth (Denniston) Clinton, and had son, DeWitt Clinton, governor of New York state.
  7. Egbert, baptized April 1, 1739.
  8. Thomas, born May 3, 1741, died at Kingston, New York, September 7, 1809 married, February 28, 1782, Elsie, born March 20, 1750, died June 28, 1832, daughter of Jacob and Maria (Hoornbeck) Hasbrouck during the revolution commissioned as captain in the Third New York Regiment was promoted to be major assisted in the defence of Fort Stanwix (Rome, New York) when besieged by Colonel St. Leger, in August, 1777, and accompanied General Sullivan's successful expedition against the Indians.
  9. Benjamin, baptized January 19, 1743.
  10. Reuben, baptized October 20, 1745 married, November 11, 1772, Elizabeth, baptized May 20, 1753, daughter of Moses and Elizabeth (Clearwater) Depuy.

(IV) Andries (2), son of Egbert and Mary (Nottingham) De Witt, was baptized October 15, 1727, died at New Paltz, New York, September 30, 1799. He was a physician of excellent standing in his profession, and practiced in his native country for more than half a century. He married, April 24, 1748, Jannetje Vernooy, baptized March 3, 1728, died February 7, 1795, daughter of Johannes and Jenneke (Louw) Vernooy. أطفال:

  1. Anna, born April 6, 1749, baptized May 23, 1749, died January 20, 1819 married, April 5, 1778, Hugo Freer, of New Paltz, New York, born July 26, 1749, died October 13, 1808, son of Gerrit and Maria Freer.
  2. Egbert, born October 1, 1750, died March 25, 1816 married Elizabeth Smith, baptized December 18, 1755, daughter of Hendrick and Sarah (Keator) Smith.
  3. Maria, born April 24, 1752.
  4. John A., baptized November 15, 1753, died October 4, 1818 married, April 19, 1776, Rachel Bevier.
  5. Cornelis, baptized July 21, 1755.
  6. Simeon, born December 26, 1756, died December 3, 1834 married (first), October 12, 1789, Elizabeth Lynott, born January 3, 1767, died December 13, 1793 married (second), Janneke (Varick) Hardenberg, born May 18, 1760, died April 10, 1808, daughter of John and Jane (Dey) Varick, and widow of Abraham Hardenberg married (third), October 29, 1810, Susan Linn, born October 30, 1778, died May 5, 1824, daughter of Rev. William and Rebecca (Blair) Linn.
  7. William, born December 17, 1758.
  8. Janneke, born 1760 married John C. Hardenberg, of Hurley, Ulster county, New York, baptized February 22, 1756, died 1833, son of Charles and Catherine (Smedes) Hardenberg.
  9. Catherine, baptized September 20, 1762, died August 24, 1850 married Nathaniel Bevier, baptized April 17, 1756, son of Johannes and Magdalena (Lefever) Bevier.
  10. Andries A., baptized January 20, 1766, died March 10, 1851.
  11. Sarah, baptized February 2, 1767.
  12. Elizabeth, born June 24, 1769 married, December 22, 1801, Henry Guest.
  13. Levi, born October 7, 1771. 14. Benjamin, born December 26, 1775, died, New York City, September 10, 1819 married, September 27, 1800, Eve, born, Albany, March 27, 1777, died May 21, 1832, daughter of James and Lydia (Van Valkenburg) Bloodgood.

(V) General Simeon, son of Dr. Andries (2) and Jannetje (Vernooy) De Witt, was born at Warwarsing, Ulster county, New York, December 26, 1756, died at Ithaca, New York, December 3, 1834. The baptismal record shows that he was baptized on the day following his birth, into the faith of the Reformed Protestant Dutch church. Young De Witt, after receiving such an English education as a scattered agricultural population afforded, was placed for classical instruction with Rev. Dr. Romeyn, of Schenectady, an intimate friend of his father. He was thus prepared for college, and was sent to Queen's (afterwards Rutgers) College, under Rev. Dr. Hardenbergh, graduating in 1776, the only one in the class. It was impossible to follow the course in quietude, for those were stirring times of revolutionary conflict. The battle of Long Island was followed by the evacuation of New York City, and the American forces were not permitted to retreat across the Hudson river unmolested, for General Howe pursued them to New Brunswick, burned Princeton, and then marched on to Trenton. De Witt continued his studies at home, passing much time in the family of his uncle, General James Clinton, of the revolutionary army, and the father of De Witt Clinton, afterwards governor of New York, with whom he was a great favorite. This intimacy kindled a patriotism which resulted in De Witt's achieving prominence throughout his long career.

The news of General Burgoyne's contemplated excursion by way of Canada into the United States aroused both old and young. A battalion was organized in Ulster county under General Gates, to join the American army, and with this De Witt marched as a volunteer adjutant. On arriving at the seat of war, the men were incorporated into a regiment already existing and being thus deprived of his temporary command, he fell into the ranks as a private, and in this capacity was present at the battles which decided the fate of Burgoyne, as well as being present at the surrender of the British following the battle of Bemis' Heights, October, 1777. The service being ended for which he and his companions had volunteered, he returned to his father's house, where he pursued his mathematical studies in connection with the practical business of surveying. Not many months had elapsed before General Washington, in a letter to General James Clinton, inquired whether he knew of any person who was qualified to act as geographer in other words, to be a topographical engineer for the army. De Witt was immediately recommended, and was appointed in 1778 to be assistant to Colonel Robert Erskine, then geographer-in-chief. He performed his duties so admirably that when his superior died in 1780, De Witt was appointed head of the department, which commission was signed September 8, 1780, by Thomas McKean, president of congress, and took effect on December 4. He was ordered, December 16, 1780, by General Washington to go to headquarters at New Windsor, and continued attached to the main army until the end of the campaign. He was constantly employed in the survey along the route of the army to Yorktown, and was present both at its siege and surrender, thus having witnessed the two important surrenders, of Burgoyne and Cornwallis. The maps made by him were tendered to Washington with the suggestion that if printed by the government they would be of great value to the public but although Washington advocated De Witt's idea, congress deemed the country too low in funds to attempt the undertaking. He was appointed surveyor-general on May 13, 1784, and he held the position for more than fifty years. He established, with James Clinton, the boundary between New York and Pennsylvania, completing the survey in the years 1786-87, in satisfactory manner. In 1786 the state legislature had requested him to prepare a map of New York, which he finished and published in 1802, being a most creditable effort on his part, and an index at this day of what the state was at that time.

In 1796 General Washington, without General De Witt's knowledge or solicitation, nominated him to the senate of the United States as surveyor-general, and the appointment was cordially ratified, but he was obliged from force of circumstances to decline. The following is the official record:

General De Witt considered this as the most gratifying event in his whole career, especially as he had gained, as shown by numerous private letters, the fullest confidence and friendship of George Washington. In 1798 he was elected a regent of the University, to succeed Hon. Lewis Morris, deceased, which office he held until his death, and for many years was senior member of the board. In 1817 he was elected vice-chancellor, and in 1829, chancellor of the University. He was a charter member of the Society of the Cincinnati, of which General Washington was president.

On the inception of the canal policy in New York, Mr. De Witt was officially directed to cause surveys to be made of all streams and rivers between the Hudson and Lake Erie, and for several years he was associated as one of the board of canal commissioners. He was a member of the American Philosophical Society, the oldest in the United States, joining in 1790, on the recommendation of Rittenhouse, to which he made one communication, published in the 6th volume, "Observations on the Eclipse of the Sun." He was president of the Lancaster school's board, Albany, and succeeded Chancellor Livingston as president of the Society for the Promotion of Agriculture, Arts and Manufactures, incorporated by him and others in 1793 in New York state, before which he read two scientific papers, "On a Plan for a Meteorological Chart," and "Establishment of a Meridian Line in the City of Albany." His writings on drawing and perspective were published in a volume entitled The Element of Perspective , 1813. In his annual address he introduced the novel idea of the rotation of crops. To the Transactions of the Albany Institute he contributed a table of variations of the magnetic needle observations on the function of the moon, deduced from the eclipse of 1806, and a description of a new form of rain gauge. In Silliman's Journal he discussed the theory of meteors, and altogether he was thoroughly conversant with many important fields of science, but particularly agriculture and meteorology, ever exhibiting a most cultured mind, and a desire to advance the people's interest.

General Simeon De Witt married (first), October 12, 1789, Elizabeth Lynott, born January 3, 1767, died December 13, 1793 married (second), Janneke (Jane) Varick Hardenberg, born May 18, 1760, died April 10, 1808, daughter of John and Jane (Dey) Varick, and widow of Abraham Hardenberg married (third), October 29, 1810, Susan Linn, born October 30, 1778, died May 5, 1824, daughter of Rev. William and Rebecca (Blair) Linn. The third wife of General De Witt, Susan (Linn) De Witt, wrote a novel, Justina , and also a poem entitled "The Pleasures of Religion."

General De Witt's second wife was a sister of Colonel Richard Varick, and with excellent reason the descendants are proud of the relationship. He was a noted revolutionary officer and recorder and mayor of New York. The latter office he occupied for twelve years, the longest term of service on record since the revolution. Colonel Varick was born of Dutch parentage, at Hackensack, New Jersey, in 1752, the common American ancestor of the family being Rev. Adolphus Van Vork, minister of the Reformed Dutch church at Jamaica, Long Island, who died in 1694. Colonel Varick was educated at King's, now Columbia, College, and embraced the profession of law. At the beginning of the revolution he tendered his services, and was appointed military secretary of General Philip Schuyler, then commanding the Army of the North. Congress appointed him deputy commissary-general in February, 1776, with the rank of lieutenant-colonel, and he was present as such at the memorable battles of Stillwater and Saratoga, fought in September and October, 1777. After the surrender of Burgoyne, he was stationed at West Point as inspector-general, and then became Washington's recording secretary until the close of the war. To him Washington wrote from Mount Vernon, January 1, 1784, a letter cherished by his relatives living at Albany, which, in part, is as follows: "I pray you will be persuaded that I shall take a pleasure in asserting on every occasion the sense I entertain of the fidelity, skill and indefatigable industry manifested by you in the performance of your public duties." In the possession of the Varick family is a small pair of silver spurs. As George, the young son of Governor Clinton, was one day riding down Broadway, in the city of New York, he was stopped by President Washington, who buckled these spurs on his boots with his own hands. Colonel Varick participated prominently in the formation of the Society of the Cincinnati, of which Washington was the first president, and he was elected president of the New York branch of that society, July 9, 1806. He served in the assembly in 1787-88, and in both years was chosen speaker. He was made attorney general, May 14, 1789, and was a reviser of the New York laws in 1778-89. The town of Varick was named in his honor, by act of legislature passed February 6, 1830. He died July 30, 1831.

Children of General Simeon and Jane (Varick) De Witt:

  1. Richard Varick, born February 6. 1800, see forward.
  2. George Washington, born February 17, 1801, died August 2, 1814.
  3. Susan Linn, born September 3, 1811 married, in 1835, Levi Hubbell.
  4. Cornelia Lansing, born September 10, 1813, died March 15, 1820.
  5. William Linn, born January 13, 1817, died at Ithaca, New York, October 12, 1903.
  6. Mary Linn, born February 23, 1819, died March 20, 1871.

(VI) Richard Varick, son of General Simeon and Jane (Varick) (Hardenbergh) De Witt, was born at Albany, New York, February 6, 1800, died at Albany, February 7, 1868. He inherited his father's scientific tastes, and was one of the founders of the old Albany Institute, as well as one of its first officers. Before that learned body he frequently displayed his scientific and literary attainments. He graduated at Union College, and after finishing his studies in the office of the late Harmanus Bleecker, afterwards United States Minister at The Hague, was called to the bar. He possessed a large property at Ithaca, New York, and while his natural tastes led him to literary pursuits, his prominent position forced him to a more active life. He established and maintained a line of steamboats on Cayuga lake, in their day considered models of speed and comfort. It was his pleasure to devote much spare time to architectural drawing he has left behind many drawings of buildings and paintings in both water color and oil of the early types of steamboats, notably that of Fulton's "Clermont." Through his exertions and means, the Ithaca & Oswego railroad was constructed, which was one of the earliest lines in New York state but unfortunately. in the financial disaster of 1837, he lost much of his property by the forced sale of this road. He was for many years both an elder and superintendent of the Sunday school of the Middle (or Second) Dutch Reformed Church of Albany. He was vice-president of the State Cincinnati Society, and during the absence of Governor Fish in Europe, acting president. His refinement was only one of his many charms, and throughout his whole life he maintained a spotless Christian character.

Richard Varick De Witt married, at Albany, New York, May 18, 1831, Sarah Walsh, born in Albany, December 20, 1805, died there May 5, 1842. Her father was Dudley Walsh, who married, September 24, 1793, Sarah, daughter of John and Magdalena (Douw) Stevenson. Dudley Walsh was born in Dublin, Ireland, 1756, died at Albany, May 24, 1816, and Sarah Stevenson, his wife, was born September 29, 1772, died at Albany, June 22, 1816. John Stevenson died April 24, 1810, and Magdalena Douw, his wife, died December 20, 1817. Children:

  1. Richard Varick, born at Albany, New York (as were all his brothers and sisters), August 30, 1832, see forward.
  2. Catherine Walsh, born November 26, 1833, died at Albany, January 8, 1907.
  3. Dudley Walsh, born October 31, 1835, died at Albany, June 20, 1904.
  4. Sarah Walsh, residing in Albany in 1910.
  5. Justina, born August 9, 1839, died May 8, 1840.
  6. Alice Justina, born February 22, 1841, died April 24, 1869 married, April 27, 1865, Augustus de Peyster, of Boston, Massachusetts.
  7. Infant, born April 13, 1842, died April 14, 1842.

(VII) Richard Varick (2), son of Richard Varick (1) and Sarah (Walsh) De Witt, was born in Albany, New York, August 30, 1832, died, after a brief illness at his home, No. 202 Lancaster street, Albany, August 21, 1901. He was educated at the Albany Academy, and after finishing his education, in 1849. entered the employ of the Albany Insurance Company. In 1854 he was employed in the New York State Bank, which position he held until 1868, when he again entered the insurance field. From 1872 to 1890 he was secretary of the Commerce Insurance Company, of Albany, and was secretary of the Albany Insurance Company from 1890 to 1896, when he resigned to engage in similar business for himself. He was appointed a member of the board of fire commissioners, September 8, 1887, and was for a long period the secretary of that board, serving with distinction until the board was legislated out of office in 1900. No man in Albany was more widely or more favorably known. His commercial career was most highly honorable, and he was noted for his geniality and humor. For seventeen years Mr. De Witt was a valued trustee of the Madison Avenue Dutch Reformed Church at one time a director of the Albany Exchange Savings Bank trustee of the Albany Medical College member of the standing committee of the Society of the Cincinnati of State of New York, and president of the Albany branch of the Fire Insurance Agents' Association of New York State, and was a charter member of the Albany Academy Alumni Association. In his younger days he was fond of athletic sports and participated in rowing and baseball contests. He was well known as a clever writer on miscellaneous and historical matters, contributing most entertaining articles to the local and metropolitan press. He was wise in counsel, of excellent judgment, and ever exerted himself for the welfare of others and for the benefit of the public good. When he died Mayor Blessing, of Albany, ordered the flags to be lowered upon the City Hall and on all houses of the fire department. He was buried in the family plat with his ancestors in the Albany Rural Cemetery. A handsome memorial was dedicated September 25, 1910, in the Madison Avenue Reformed (Dutch) Church, in his memory and that of his family, by his only surviving sister.

Go to top of page | previous family: Warren | next family: Hilton

http://www.schenectadyhistory.org/families/hmgfm/dewitt.html updated April 28, 2020

Copyright 2020 Schenectady Digital History Archive — a service of the Schenectady County Public Library


Clinton Genealogy (in De Witt County, IL)

NOTE: Additional records that apply to Clinton are also found through the De Witt County and Illinois pages.

Clinton Birth Records

Clinton Cemetery Records

Memorial Park Cemetery Billion Graves

Oak Park Cemetery Billion Graves

Woodlawn Cemetery Billion Graves

Clinton Census Records

التعداد الفيدرالي للولايات المتحدة ، 1790-1940 بحث العائلة

Clinton Church Records

Clinton City Directories

Clinton Death Records

DeWitt County Coroner's Inquest Files Index (1924-1977) Illinois State Archive

Clinton Histories and Genealogies

History of Clintonia Township US Gen Web Archives

Clinton Immigration Records

Clinton Land Records

Clinton Map Records

Bird's eye view map of the city of Clinton, DeWitt County, Illinois 1869. Library of Congress

Sanborn Fire Insurance Map from Clinton, De Witt County, Illinois, April 1887 Library of Congress

Sanborn Fire Insurance Map from Clinton, De Witt County, Illinois, December 1892 Library of Congress

Sanborn Fire Insurance Map from Clinton, De Witt County, Illinois, January 1916 Library of Congress

Sanborn Fire Insurance Map from Clinton, De Witt County, Illinois, March 1898 Library of Congress

Sanborn Fire Insurance Map from Clinton, De Witt County, Illinois, May 1910 Library of Congress

Sanborn Fire Insurance Map from Clinton, De Witt County, Illinois, October 1904 Library of Congress

Clinton Marriage Records

Clinton Newspapers and Obituaries

Central Transcript 1856-1862 Newspapers.com

Clinton Daily Journal and Public 1927-1963 Newspapers.com

Clinton Daily Public 1915-1926 Newspapers.com

Clinton Morning Journal 1921-1926 Newspapers.com

Clinton Public 1862-1863 Newspapers.com

Clinton Public 1869-1901 Newspapers.com

Clinton Public and Central Transcript 1864-1869 Newspapers.com

Clinton Register 1882-1915 Newspapers.com

Clinton Semi-Weekly Register 1870-1872 Newspapers.com

Clinton Tribune 1884-1884 Farmer City Public Library

Clinton Weekly Register 1872-1882 Newspapers.com

De Witt County Public, and Central Transcript 1863-1864 Newspapers.com

DeWitt Courier 1854-1856 Newspapers.com

DeWitt Register 1868-1870 Newspapers.com

Strike Bulletin 1913-1915 Newspapers.com

Strike Bulletin, 1913-1915 Illinois Digital Newspaper Collections

Offline Newspapers for Clinton

وفقًا لدليل الصحف الأمريكية ، تمت طباعة الصحف التالية ، لذلك قد تتوفر نسخ ورقية أو ميكروفيلم. لمزيد من المعلومات حول كيفية تحديد موقع الصحف غير المتصلة بالإنترنت ، راجع مقالتنا حول تحديد موقع الصحف غير المتصلة بالإنترنت.

Central Transcript. (Clinton, Ills. [Ill.]) 1856-1862

Clinton Daily Journal and Public. (Clinton, Ill.) 1927-1979

Clinton Daily Journal. (Clinton, Ill.) 1980-Current

Clinton Public, and Central Transcript. (Clinton, Ill.) 1864-1869

Clinton Public. (Clinton, De Witt County, Ill.) 1862-1863

Clinton Register. (Clinton, Ill.) 1882-1926

Clinton Semi-Weekly Register. (Clinton, Ill.) 1870-1872

Clinton Weekly Register. (Clinton, Ill.) 1868-1882

De Witt County Public, and Central Transcript. (Clinton, De Witt County, Ill.) 1863-1864

Dewitt County Constitution. (Clinton, Ill.) 1997-Current

Dewitt Register. (Clinton, Ill.) 1868-1870

Clinton Probate Records

Clinton School Records

Clinton Community High School Yearbook, 1930, 1931, 1937, 1938, 1939, 1940, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992 Internet Archive

Clinton Community High School Yearbook, 1961, 1963 Internet Archive

Clinton Community High School, Clintonia, 1910, 1962 Internet Archive

Clinton High School Yearbook, 1910, 1912, 1917, 1918, 1920, 1921, 1922, 1923, 1924, 1925, 1926, 1927, 1928, 1929 Internet Archive

Clinton High School Yearbook, 1919 Internet Archive

Clinton Junior High School Yearbook, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 Internet Archive

الإضافات أو التصحيحات على هذه الصفحة؟ نرحب باقتراحاتكم من خلال صفحة اتصل بنا


شاهد الفيديو: Erie Canal Museums Curator Talks: The Life and Times of DeWitt Clinton (قد 2022).